ESL (ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE)
ESL is a course designed for students who wish to study English as a Second Language in the Philippines preferably to non-native English speakers such as Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Arabs and other nationalities including Filipinos. Students are diagnosed at the start of the course as to their comprehension and reading level. The school uses a combination of American, Canadian, British and Filipino ESL curriculum and materials. It offers various ESL levels namely: LOW BEGINNER, HIGH BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED.
The school offers two (2) types of ESL program. The first one is ONLINE ESL PROGRAM and the second one is ONSITE ESL PROGRAM:
1. ONLINE ESL PROGRAM:
This is a one to one ESL program rendered by the school to the student through www.skype.com.
The rate ranges from Php 360.00 per hour to Php 450.00 per hour depending on the level.
2. ONSITE ESL PROGRAM:
ESL TUITION FEE, MONDAY TO FRIDAY (AS OF JANUARY 14, 2013) - GROUP SESSION: (prices may change without prior notice)
DAY SESSION __ SESSION
Tuition Fee Tuition Fee Tuition Fee
6 hrs/day 4 hrs/day 3 hrs/day
(for Group (To start when
Booking only) desired no. of
students is achieved)
- 1 mo. ( 4 weeks) - Php 22,275 Php 14,850 Php 10,044
- 2 mos. ( 8 weeks) - Php 43,200 Php 28,800 Php 19,440
(With free one (1) Cebu City Tour for the above study duration for the 6 hours/day)*
- 3 mos.(12 weeks) - Php 64,125 Php 42,750 Php 28,873
- 4 mos.(16 weeks) - Php 85,050 Php 56,700 Php 38,273
(Plus free two (2) Cebu City Tours for the above study duration for the 6 hours/day)*
- 5 mos.(20 weeks) - Php105,975 Php 70,650 Php 47,709
- 6 mos.(24 weeks) - Php126,900 Php 84,600 Php 57,429
(Plus free two (2) Cebu City Tours and one (1) Bohol Countryside 1-day Tour for the above study duration for the 6 hours/day)*
-10 mos.(40 weeks) - Php211,950 Php141,300 Php 95,378
-12 mos.(48 weeks) - Php252,450 Php168,300 Php113,603
(Plus free three (3) Cebu City Tours, one (1) Bohol Countryside 1-day Tour and (1) Cebu Countryside 1-day Tour for the above study duration for the 6 hours/day)* PLUS ADDITIONAL PROMO DISCOUNT FOR LONG-TERM DURATION!
*NOTE: Only students who avail of the school's Accommodation can avail of the free tours.
ONE TO ONE SESSION: The rate is Php 360.00 PER HOUR - Minimum of 3 hours a day, Monday to Friday for a minimum of 4 weeks. (Plus free two (2) Cebu City Tours.)
- Guest House Accommodation Fee:
- Single Occupancy (Aircon) - Php 27,000.00 per month/person*
- Double/Triple Occupancy (Aircon)-Php 20,500.00 per month/person*
- Double Occupancy (Non-Aircon) -Php 15,850.00 per month/person
(electric fan only)
The abovementioned accommodation fee is inclusive of the following: room accommodation (shared accommodation/dormitory type double deck bed), 3 full meals a day (Filipino foods only), free laundry, free housekeeping services (change linen - once a week and free internet access (wi-fi). Please see website of THE HARVEST GUESTHOUSE for the accommodation facilities.
- Homestay Accommodation Fee: -
- Single Occupancy (Aircon) - Php 27,000.00 per month/person*
- Double Occupancy (Aircon) - Php 20,500.00 per month/person*
This abovementioned accommodation fee is inclusive of the following: room accommodation (shared accommodation/dormitory type/double deck bed), three (3) full meals a day (Filipino foods only), free laundry, free housekeeping services (change linen-once a week), free internet access (wi-fi) and free transportation to and from the school. Please visit the site of HOMESTAY.CEBU as one of its homestay hosts.
STUDENTS HAVE THE CHOICE TO AVAIL OF OUTSIDE ACCOMMODATION FACILITIES SUCH AS HOTELS, PENSION HOUSES AND APARTMENTS.
OTHER COSTS AND FEES - TO BE PAID THROUGH THE SCHOOL:
1. Special Study Permit (SSP) Fees w/ the Bureau of
Immigration and related expenses - Php 7,040.00
2. SSP Processing Fee - Php 2,880.00
3. Books and materials (per month) - Php 900.00
4. Airport pick-up at
Mactan-Cebu International Airport (one way) - Php 500.00
NOTE: All fees paid to the school for pre-arranged study/enrollment are non-refundable.
OTHER COSTS TO BE PAID DIRECTLY BY THE ESL STUDENT TO THE BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION:
Visa Extension Fees:
- after 21 days of stay for another 38 days - around Php 3,030.00
- after 59 days of stay (21 days + 38 days)
- for another month - around Php 4,300.00
- for another 2 months - around Php 4,800.00
- ACR I-Card Fee - US$ 50.00
- Express fee for I-Card - around Php 500.00
Please see Philippines Bureau of Immigration's actual computation of Visa Extension Fees at this link: http://immigration.gov.ph
Note: All Visa Extension Fees are to be paid directly by the student to the Bureau of Immigration office. The school will assist the student in its processing.
EXPLANATION TO SOME IMMIGRATION RULES FOR FOREIGN ESL (ENGLISH AS SECOND LANGUAGE) STUDENTS:
Foreign ESL student who wish to study English in the Philippines may come easily to the country without any hassle with the following requirements to bring:
1. Valid Passport, Round trip plane ticket, pocket money and Formal Notice of Acceptance from the School (indicating that he/she has enrolled and was accepted by the school to study an Intensive English Study Course or English as a Second Language (ESL) course.
2. Upon arrival at any Philippine International Airport (Manila or Cebu), the ESL student should present his/her valid Passport, Round Trip plane ticket or the School's Notice of Acceptance to the Immigration Officer should it be required. If there is no problem, attending Phiippine Immigration Officer stamps the student's passport for an automatic stay in the Philippines for 21 days.
3. Upon first day of class at Harvest Christian School International (HCSI), ESL student should present his/her Passport to the school registrar for processing his/her Special Study Permit (SSP) to study English with the Bureau of Immigration. The Special Study Permit (SSP) is to make the ESL student's study of English in the Philippines 'legal'.
4. Two days before the end of the first 21 days, the foreign ESL student shall apply for extension of his/her stay in the Philippines with the school's assistance with the Bureau of Immigration. The Bureau of Immigration may or will give the ESL student a first extension of 38 days for appropriate visa extension fees detailed above.
5. After 59 days of stay (12 days + 38 days), the ESL student may extend his/her stay in the Philippines for another month up to six months and pay the necessary ACR I-Card fee and corresponding visa extension fees as mentioned above.
WHY STUDY ENGLISH IN CEBU, PHILIPPINES?
Cebu City is the second largest city in the Philippines. It is located at the center of the Philippines and is called the "Queen City of the South". It has all the amenities that can be found in a big city like Metro Manila. There are big companies, good colleges and universities, bpo establishments, large malls, and many work opportunities. This is the reason why most people from the country flock to this city for studies and work opportunities.
Aside from Filipinos, many foreign nationals also prefer to study, work and even live in Cebu. It is almost like Manila but to even a greater convenience and advantage as there is lesser pollution, noise, traffic and you don't have to wake up so early in the morning just to prepare and reach your destination. You can be there in as short as 15 minutes or one hour the most in heavy traffic. The city has also many things to offer. It has it's beautiful and inviting beach resorts which are only 20 to 30 minutes from the city proper. The people are so warm and hospitable and you can always find your way to your destination by simply asking from the street vendors or nearby professionals that you meet in the street. These people are very much willing to help you.
Majority of those who study in the city are Korean Nationals though the Japanese Nationals are catching up. They prefer studying English in Cebu than in Korea as they get first hand English communication practice. Everytime they talk with the locals, these people always speak in English to them. Though at first, Koreans find it hard to speak the language, they get used to it and they learn from their day to day communication with the locals and those from other nationalities. The cost is also a lot cheaper than when they study in Korea and Japan, much more in USA or the UK. In addition, they also get a vacation of a lifetime enjoying the pristine and white beaches of the cities neighboring islands like Bantayan, Bohol, Boracay and Camiguin which they can reach in 30 minutes via fastcraft or overnight by ordinary boat ride.
Studying English in the Philippines particularly in Cebu can be worthwhile and memorable experience.
OTHER ENGLISH COURSES:
For more school videos and photos of its activities, please visit the school alternate sites at the following: (click any one icon of the three):